"Rarely have I heard a cover of one of our songs where I'm like they have taken it apart and
reassembled it in a brand new way. This band from New Zealand called Late 80's Mercedes
did that with 'This Aint a Scene'. Kinda sounds swing/big band. I really like it."
PETE WENTZ - FALLOUT BOY
Since 2000, the 10 piece Late 80’s Mercedes have succeeded in bringing the party whatever the occasion! They play a wide variety of tunes including crowd favourites from the likes of Adele, Bruno Mars, James Brown, Stevie Wonder and many more.
Late 80’s Mercedes has played an impressive array of corporate functions both locally and internationally, including events for the WOW Awards Show, Vodafone NZ, The NZ Advertising Awards, TVNZ, A1 Grand Prix, V8 Supercars, the Flight-Centre National Ball, World Rally Championships, Air New Zealand and Netball NZ just to name a few.
With a knack for rearranging Top 40 songs into toe tapping, funk-soul swing numbers, these lads always keep the dance floor moving.
Their repertoire includes:
- Uptown funk - Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars
- Treasure - Bruno Mars
- Happy - Pharrell
- Rolling in the deep - Adele
- I feel good – James Brown
- Brickhouse – The Commodores
- Beat it - Michael Jackson
- My Sharona – The Knack
- I wish – Stevie Wonder
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- Love boat – TV Theme
- Its not unusual – Tom Jones
- This love – Maroon 5
- Crazy in love - Beyonce
- Play that funky music – Wild Cherry
- Oops I did it again – Britney Spears
- Living on a prayer – Bon Jovi
- Zoot suit riot – The Cherry Poppin Daddies
- Lose yourself (Fresh Prince of Bel Air) – Eminem / Will Smith
- This ain’t a scene - Fallout Boy
The Line Up:
Vocals - Clint Harris / Vocals, Percussion - Tim Trenwith / Tenor Sax - Sam Trenwith / Baritone Sax - Richard Duirs / Trumpet - Brian Goodhall / Trumpet - Donald Goodhall / Guitar - James Hannah / Bass - Jayden Keoghan / Keys - Chris Lam Sam / Drums - Brendan Rickard